That's right, Facebook is now a necessary tool in your marketing toolbox. One that you can no longer ignore, or not use.
But that begs the question: How to Use it?
Each business will be a little different on 'how' to use Facebook. Each business will grow at different rates. Just remember Quality is more important than Quantity.
Here are some basics:
1. Make sure you set up a Business Page. Make it easy for people to 'LIKE' you. Not 'friend' you.
2. Post often. This does not mean once a week, or whenever the mood strikes. This means daily, or at least 2-3 times a week.
3. Content is KING, or Queen, on Facebook! Do NOT over post sales, specials, promotions, contests, etc. Keep this to a relative and enjoyable minimum. Post items that are engaging, fun, educational, informational and useful. Example: If you are a hotel, or in tourism, post events that are happening around your area. This gives Fans a reason to follow you. It shows fun and exciting things that are happening and makes them want to come visit.
4. IMAGES/PHOTOS/VIDEOS: We are a 'visual' society. This will catch the eye faster than text. Facebook pages that post mostly text are harder to follow. Without images there is nothing to catch the eye. Note: make sure you the rights to images posted.
5. SHARE: Follow others and share their postings. Most of us know this as, "NETWORKING." It's the same on Facebook - NETWORK!
6. Make sure your 'About' section is filled out. Make sure all of your contact info is included.
7. COVER IMAGE/PHOTO: Have fun with this one! Be CREATIVE!
8. Engage with your FANS. Make sure you at least, "LIKE" their comments. Let them know that you acknowledged their responses. Do this in a timely fashion.